Leinster girls celebrate with Anna Foster after she won her match on the 16th green during the final day of the 2017 ILGU Interprovincial Matches at Shannon Golf Club. (13/07/2017). Picture by Pat Cashman
Leinster completed the double by winning the Women’s and Girls’ Interprovincial matches at Shannon Golf Club.
The Leinster women, who last won in 2014 at Tramore, overcame Connacht 6.5 – 1.5 to win all three matches while the girls mirrored their senior counterparts, dominating each of their three encounters.
Foursomes partners Kate Lanigan (Hermitage) and Ellen O’Gorman (Milltown) both had a 100% record, winning all six matches. Beth Coulter Kirkistown Castle) meanwhile, helped her Ulster team to second place by contributing five points from six.
Needing to beat Connacht on the final day, the Leinster women started positively, winning two of the morning foursomes matches.
Wins in the afternoon from Ariana Coyle Diez, Molly Dowling, Aedin Murphy and Ciara Casey clinched the title.
“It’s great to get the win this week,” said Leinster captain Mary Dowling. “We had a strong team this year and the girls have been great all week, they kept in there even when things were looking tight and I’m very proud of them.”
The Interprovincials next year returns to Connacht where Castledargan will host for the second time having hosted the event previously in 2013.
Women’s Interprovincials Day 3
Ulster 4.5, Munster 3.5 (Ulster Names First)
- Niamh Ward & Jennifer Fawcett lost to Kelly Brotherton & Lisa O’Shea 3&2
- Niamh McSherry & Chloe Weir beat Sarah Cunningham & Aoife Lowry 2&1
- Jessica Ross & Louise Coffey beat Paula Walsh & Gemma Mccarthy 1 Hole
- Louise Coffey beat Sarah Cunningham 3&2
- Jenny Fawcett conceded to Kelly Brotherton
- Niamh Ward lost to Lisa O’Shea 1 Hole
- Jessica Ross halved With Gemma McCarthy
- Niamh McSherry beat Paula Walsh 2&1
Leinster 6.5, Connacht 1.5 (Leinster Names First)
- Meadhbh Doyle & Molly Dowling beat Zoe Collins & Maureen Keane 2 Holes
- Ciara Casey & Mary Doyle lost to Shannon Burke & Anne McCormack 2&1
- Ariana Coyle Diez & Aedin Murphy beat Clodagh Hopkins & Hilary Hall 4&2
- Meadhbh Doyle halved With Shannon Burke
- Ariana Coyle Diez beat Maeve Kelly 4&3
- Molly Dowling beat Zoe Collins 4&2
- Aedin Murphy beat Hilary Hall 4&2
- Ciara Casey beat Clodagh Hopkins 7&6
Girls’ Interprovincials Day 3
Ulster 6, Munster 2 (Ulster Names First)
- Beth Coulter & Nicole Joyce Moreno beat Kate McElroy & Anna Dawson 6&5
- Emma Forbes & Kate Dwyer lost to Aine Donegan & Gemma Barry 4&3
- Maeve Cummins & Molly O’Hara lost to Niamh Dwyer & Shannon Hegarty 2&1
- Beth Coulter beat Aine Donegan 5&3
- Kate Dwyer beat Kate McElroy 6&4
- Maeve Cummins beat Niamh O’Dwyer 4&2
- Emma Forbes beat Shannon Hegarty 7&6
- Anna McVicker beat Niamh Carmody 3&1
Leinster 6.5, Connacht 0.5 (Leinster Names First)
- Kate Lanigan & Ellen O’Gorman beat Maeve Rooney & Sinead Lohan 5&4
- Anna Foster & Jan Browne beat Chloe O’Connor & Niamh Smyth 6&5
- Leah Temple Lang & Emma Fleming beat Shona Hendrick & Vicki Conlon 9&7
- Georgia Carr halved With Maeve Rooney
- Kate Lanigan beat Chloe O’Connor 2 Holes
- Ellen O’Gorman beat Sinead Lohan 5&4
- Anna Foster beat Annabel Greham 4&2
- Jan Browne beat Vicki Conlon 5&4
from News – Irish Golf Desk http://ift.tt/2vhNujo